Scallops, Brussels Sprouts, Soy, Elixir d’Anvers
Seppe Nobels - Graanmarkt 13
- 8 scallops
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 dl organic sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cl Elixir d’Anvers for the vinaigrette
- 4 cl Elixir d’Anvers for the mayonnaise
- 250 g Brussels sprouts
- pepper and salt
- Pick the leaves from the sprouts. Boil them in salted water for 1 minute and rinse in ice water.
- Vinaigrette: Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, juice and zest of a lime and the Elixir d’Anvers. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Mayonnaise: Whisk the egg yolks together with the mustard, Elixir d’Anvers and vinegar, gradually adding sunflower oil until the sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Open the scallops and remove the skirt. Finely slice the scallops, arrange on a plate and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Cover with the Brussels sprout salad and fill with the Elixir d’Anvers mayonnaise. Finish with seasonal flowers or herbs if desired.