Brill, Kohlrabi, Fresh Cheese, Elixir d’Anvers
Vilhjalmur Sigurdarson - Souvenir
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 200 g fresh cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- white balsamic vinegar
- 2 large kohlrabi, peeled
- 4 brill fillets, 100 g each
- sunflower oil
- 140 g butter
- 4 cl Elixir d’Anvers
- juice of ½ lemon
- fine salt
- purslane (flowers)
- Mix the shallots and fresh cheese together and season with olive oil, coarse salt, and a drop of vinegar. Slice the kohlrabi razor-thin with a mandolin. Spoon some cheese in the middle of each slice and fold like a ravioli. This can be prepared in advance.
- Baste the skin of the brill fillets with some sunflower oil, and fry skin-side down in a hot non-stick pan over medium heat. Season with a pinch of salt. Halfway through the cooking process, add the butter to the pan, taking care not to burn it. Remove the fish from the pan once cooked, degrease on a piece of kitchen paper, and keep warm.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add Elixir d’Anvers, leave to cool, and pour the mixture into a bowl. Mix with the lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the kohlrabi ravioli and season with a pinch of salt.
- Arrange a brill fillet and some ravioli on a plate and pour over some sauce. Garnish with purslane (flowers).