Cauliflower, Broccoli, Elixir d’Anvers Advocaat
Vilhjalmur Sigurdarson - Souvenir
- 2 small cauliflowers, cut into rosettes
- 250 g butter
- 12 broccoli shoots
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cl Elixir d’Anvers Advocaat
- 3 cl water
- 2 cl lemon juice
- fine salt
- 220 g clarified butter
- foarse salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 untreated lemon
- a handful of fresh herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the cauliflower rosettes over an oven tray and divide the butter on top of it. Bake in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes. You can also add sprigs of tarragon or crushed garlic to taste. Leave the oven door ajar when the cauliflower starts to brown.
- Vigorously whisk together the egg yolks, Elixir d’Anvers Advocaat, water, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan until the mixture is lightly thickened and foamy. Put the saucepan au bain-marie and continue to whisk rapidly. When the texture is creamy, remove from the heat, slowly drizzle in the clarified butter, and continue to whisk. Season with pepper and salt, cover and keep in a warm spot.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour off the excess butter. (Use it on your bread or in a different dish.)
- Quickly blanch the broccoli shoots and season with olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Spoon some sauce on a plate and arrange the cauliflower and broccoli on top. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh herbs.